Saturday 1 November 2014

Comparison - Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze & Vaseline Cocoa Glow Spray Moisturisers.


Good Morning/Night Beauty-ful people! 

So I previously wrote a blog on the Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Glow Spray Moisturiser and did say that I loved this product, especially the efficiency of it and the smell. Blog here - http://www.beautywithbelinda.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/review-vaseline-intensive-care-spray.html.
Since writing that blog, I have purchased a new, similar product which is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E, Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturiser. Well it took me a while to start using this product as I've been very lazy as of late with my moisturising routine but had to tell you all about it. 

Although, both of these products are great, I decided to do a comparison on them so you can see the pros and cons on both of them as they're such similar products. 

After the first time I used the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturiser I was literally blown away!. The Vaseline Spray sprays out very blotchy, can be quite messy,  goes onto the skin quite wet and doesn't disperse the product completely evenly. The Palmer's Spray is so fine and sprays on so nicely and evenly and it doesn't go anywhere but the area that you're spraying, which I absolutely love and it doesn't go on as wet as the Vaseline product, it's obviously a tiny bit wet as it's a spray but within a few seconds it's completely dry. Now, with the Bronzing part of both products. The Vaseline Spray I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference apart from a bit of a shine, with the Palmer's Spray after the first use, where I put the product was nice and tanned and it was so even and nice - it looked very natural (although I did look a bit funny as the first few times I used it on just my legs so my legs were nice and tanned and the rest of me was white haha). Now to the smell. The Vaseline Spray smells soooooo yummy you just want to eat yourself up lol. The Palmer's Spray smells really delicious as well, the only down fall is afterwards you can kind of smell a tan smell which I don't particularly like but when it's such a bronzing product that is to be expected but it doesn't last long (just don't spray it then immediately go into a confined space lol). Both of them are very similar with the moisturising factor, they both leave your skin nice and soft. Price Comparisons, they are quite similar. Palmer's Spray is approximately $8.00 and Vaseline Spray is approximately $10.00, so they're very close in price. 

The other benefits of the Palmer's Spray is that it's Paraben Free and Phthalate Free for those health conscious and/or Pregnant. To use both are pretty much the same, you just click the top of nozzles to make it open and then hold the bottles approximately 10cm away from the area you want to spray it on and then spray, then of course rub it in. As the Palmer's has more tan in it, you have to be more aware that you're putting it every where but it disperses so much easily and evenly that it's pretty easy to get an even coverage.  

Both of the Brands have other scents and moisturising types that are available so you can check them out here - 
Palmer's - http://www.palmersaustralia.com/products/all/. 
Vaseline - http://www.vaseline.us/product/category/intensive-care.html (US Site)

Now it's completely up to you what you prefer in your moisturising products, that's why I have done a comparison as both of them are very good and I would recommend both but they both have pros and cons but for my personal use I prefer the Palmer's Spray as I'm a bit lazy - as it's a bit easier to use and finer and sprays more evenly and I don't go in the sun a lot lately so the tan is nice without having to go through the process of Spray Tanning. Overall if I had to choose between traditional Moisturiser and Spray on Moisturiser, I use the Spray on as it's a lot easier - as mentioned earlier I am lazy haha and I always feel like my skin takes a long time to dry properly with traditional moisturiser and the Spray absorbs so nicely I can literally get dressed a few seconds after and it doesn't feel like moisturiser would be going everywhere. Also, that feeling you get when you have moisturiser on and it's a hot day and later you sweat, you feel very oily because of the moisturiser, Spray on absorbs so nicely it doesn't get that feeling (well personally) and seeing as I live in a very humid state I really appreciate that. 


Hope you are all having a Beauty-ful Day/Night and are enjoying your weekend!

Belinda xx







No comments:

Post a Comment