Wednesday 31 October 2012

Beauty with Belinda's Must Have Brushes!!

Happy Halloween Lovely people!!!!

Tonight, I wanted to discuss brushes.. I get asked all the time what type of brushes to use and what brushes are the easiest to get the best results. I do a fair few classes where I actually teach the techniques of these brushes which I can most certainly do on YouTube if you guys are wanting that kind of thing??

Obviously, this is my opinion. Every person has a different opinion, especially Make-up artists, but it is personal preference and I prefer these brushes and I find they give a beautiful finish and by far the easiest.

I have used Images from the Makeup and Glow website. My brushes are obviously not brand spanking new and I use them a lot so I preferred to put up pictures that look a lot nicer :). I don't use all of these exact Brushes but I know for a fact Makeup and Glow stock absolutely beautiful brushes, but obviously the brushes all pretty much do exactly the same thing.

1. Makeup and Glow Bent Detail Liner Brush #120
   - This brush is amazing if your not that great with putting on eyeliner. It pretty much does your whole job for you. You just put the brush in some gel liner ( My favourite is the Makeup and Glow Gel Liner in Black ) then run the brush along the eye as close to the lash as you can get and then once you get to the end the bent part of the brush does the perfect flick so you can have a subtle flick or a dramatic cat eye look.
You can purchase this Brush for $9.90 (before discount) http://www.makeupandglow.com.au/Makeup-and-Glow-Bent-Detail-Liner-120-p-16945.html
2. Makeup and Glow Blending Brush #26
    - This Brush is a MUST! Any Makeup Artist will tell you that this is one of the best inventions. It's pretty much self explanatory. This brush can make a simple look go that little bit further in detail. It smooths out any lines that you have when you apply your eyeshadow and obviously blends everything in together.
You can purchase this Brush for $14.40 (before discount)
3. Makeup and Glow Crease/Bullet Brush #250 
     - This Brush is as well pretty self explanatory. It is a brush so that if you're wanting a bit more definition through your crease you can put it through the crease (the hollow in your the separates your lid from your upper eye) also, I use it in the very side corner of the eye when you want to add that little bit extra depth with another colour (for example a bit of black with a smokey eye to make it a bit darker but not over the top dark). You can also use this brush on the lower lash line to add some dimension with out a harsh line. 
This Brush can be purchased for $22.90 (before discount)
4. Makeup and Glow Pro Powder Brush #340
   - Everyone should have a powder brush, whether it's to put some powder on every day or if you prefer to use one brush for powder, blush and bronzer. It is a very good staple brush. Especially if your travelling it can save you on packing a few brushes. Once I put my powder, bronzer and blush on (I personally use all different brushes for all) I get a powder brush and just brush it over my face just to make sure everything blends beautifully together (especially if your doing your makeup half asleep and it's dark - haha).
This Brush can be purchased for $26.90 (before discount) http://www.makeupandglow.com.au/Makeup-and-Glow-Pro-Powder-Brush-340-p-16960.html
5. Designer Tools Large Fluff Shadow Brush - 463-10
   - I am in love with my fluffy brush! It's almost like the blending blush but bigger and less definition. I use the Blending brush when I want to add a bit more depth to my work. You can use this brush to blend out any lines as well. But also I use it when my work needs a bit more softening. I put it in a light brown and put around the crease/above the crease and the general eye area and it looks amazing. 
This brush can be purchase for $5.95 (before discount) http://www.makeupandglow.com.au/Large-Fluff-Shadow-Brush-463-10-p-17394.html

6. Duo Fibre Buffer Brush
   - I am seriously in LOVE with this brush.. I don't wear foundation like ever but as you know I do wear BB cream (almost like a tinted moisturiser) I put a bit of my BB cream on the back of my hand then use my finger to disperse it around my face. I then get the buffer brush and buff it into my skin. What I love about it is, you really don't have to use a lot and it gives you a beautiful flawless look without feeling caked on. A definite must this brush!
This Brush can be purchased for $26.95 (before discount) http://www.makeupandglow.com.au/Duo-Fibre-Buffer-Brush-p-17663.html

7. Designer Tools Angled Contour Brush - 417-18
   - Once again a self explanatory brush - makes my job easier yay! So contouring is an amazing technique, it can make your nose look smaller, your forehead look smaller, your cheekbones stronger, your jawline stronger, can hide the double chin a bit - I could go on for days but my point is... it's awesome!. So every day you obviously do not want to contour hard core so this brush makes it easy. All you do is put it in your bronzer, and turn the brush to the side so the higher point is facing towards your mouth or to your ear (it's personal preference what feels more comfortable to you) just under the cheek bone and brush away! - if you cannot find your cheekbone do the always popular fish  face and you can find the indent where you're meant to put the bronzer to make it more prominent. I also put a bit of bronze in my temple area and if you have  a big forehead just dust it across the side and top of your forehead. You can of course use this brush as a blush brush as well just sweep it across the apples of the cheeks and up.
This Brush can be purchased for $7.95 (before discount) - http://www.makeupandglow.com.au/Angled-Contour-417-18-p-17384.html

8. Designer Tools Small Eyeshadow Brush - 429-06
   - There's nothing ridiculously special or amazing about this brush, it's just a good and easy brush to have. It's exactly what it says. if you're having a lazy day and just want one colour of eyeshadow on your lid - well this is your brush. I use a brush like this all the time just to put the base eye shadows on and then from there you can use the blender brushes and crease brushes to add more dimension and depth.

This Brush can be purchased for $8.95 (before discount) - http://www.makeupandglow.com.au/Small-Eyeshadow-Brush-429-06-p-17385.html

9. Designer Tools Fine Angle Liner Brush - 406-06
  - I use this brush multiple ways. I use it as a brow definer. I just put it in some brown eyeshadow - or whatever colour you need and then brush it through your brows and then you can put it on it's side and define those front parts of your brows that have a lot spacers (well I have those kind of brows :( ). It gives you a beautiful defined brow without looking like they've be drawn on. Another way to use it is for liner. Some people put it in gel liner and brush it against the lid along the lash line. I actually put it in black eyeshadow and go over the top of my gel liner that I put on with the Bent Liner so that it gives a bit more staying power for the Gel Liner. Another way is I put it in what  ever colour I need (usually brown or Black) and put it against my lash line on the bottom lasshes. I have very dark eyes so it looks very funny if I just put liner on the top but I don't want to have strong liner along the water line etc every day so it gives it a bit of definition but it's soft and flawless..
You can purchase this brush for $7.95 (before discount) http://www.makeupandglow.com.au/Fine-Angle-Liner-406-06-p-17378.html

Obviously, there are a lot more brushes that I absolutely love, but if I went on holidays or was stuck on a desert island with just those brushes and products I would have amazing makeup every day.

If you have any questions at all please let me know. I'm going to put together a YouTube video tomorrow explaining brushes and showing how to use them - as it's a bit hard to explain in writing sometimes.. I think I did OK though.. right??

Well I hope everyone is having an absolutely fantabulous night (yes, tonight I am making up words). Please be safe and anyone from America that tunes into my Blog I hope you are all safe and pray that everything settles down for you and there is not a lot of damage to your lives because of this heart wrenching tragedy. Australia sends all of our love and support.

Have a Beauty-ful Night/Day!!

Belinda
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment