Thursday 29 January 2015

Review - Bondi Sands Tanning Products - My loves and hates so far!


Good Morning/Evening my Beauties!

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday period! I had a pretty laid back Christmas and New Years but it's exactly what I needed :).

So lets get back into the Beauty Blogging with this awesome new product I've fallen in love with - it's a product that we can use at anytime throughout the year but here in Australia it's Summer so everyone wants to be all tanned and gorgeous but for some of us we don't have time or can't go out and tan a lot to get some colour, and for those people this product is for you!. 

At the end of last year I was on the search for a self tanner I could do at home. I am naturally Olive Complexion and it really doesn't take much for me to tan but as I have some health issues I am unable to go in the sun a lot so getting a natural tan is a bit difficult and as many of you know, a gorgeous tan always makes you feel healthy and just makes you feel better about yourself, and I need a lot of that. I am actually a trained Spray Tanner so I can Spray Tan myself but it's just so much effort putting it all together and then twisting your body into weird and wonderful ways to get an even tan haha we all know I can be a bit lazy. 

So I did hear a few good things about the Bondi Sands Tanning Range, so I decided to give them a shot. First off I purchased the Bondi Sands - Self Tanning Lotion in Light/Medium and I literally started to use it and I just felt like it didn't go on my skin very nice and didn't have a lot of colour in it so it was a bit difficult to see and make sure it's going on flawlessly so I immediately stopped using it and decided I would go and get the Foam the next day, which I did. So I purchased the Bondi Sands - Self Tanning Foam in Light/Medium, just so I could suss out how dark the tan was - I didn't want to go really dark my first time and look like an oompa loompa :P. So that night I exfoliated my skin nicely and then tried it out. I purchased the Bondi Sands Tanning Mitt (ALWAYS USE A TANNING MITT) and then pumped the Foam onto the Mitt and put it onto my skin in circular motions. I always start from my legs and work my way up. Now I really hated their Mitt!. It is one of those ones that you just put on top of your hand and has no thumb area so as you're manoeuvring the tan to make it even it moves around on your hand and the seam of it makes lines and it's just really annoying and after the first go my nail made a huge hole in it so it's not very long lasting. I just purchased the Jennifer Hawkins - JBronze Tanning Mitt as it's much thicker/softer and has a thumb area so I think it'll be so much easier to use but of course after I use it I will give a review :). So while you're putting the tan on, it's pretty hard to get it completely even and almost looks a bit streaky - which got me really freaked out but don't worry after it's washed off it looks beautiful and even. The Light/Medium Colour is a beautiful and very natural colour but personally it wasn't as Dark as I like so I ended up giving it to my Sister so I could try out the Self Tanning Foam in Medium/Dark colour. Which I absolutely love, it's still really natural but you can tell you have a tan. 

When you're wanting to put a tan on, always remember to exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!. It will come out extremely streaky and patchy if you don't exfoliate. So as previously said when you're putting it on just pump the foam onto the Mitt and then put it in circular motions. Once you've put it on it says you can wash it off after an hour but obviously the longer you leave it, the darker the tan will be. They also say that if the first coat isn't as dark as you like after half an hour you can put another coat on. It says usually to wash it off up to 6 hours later but I do it later in the night and sleep in it and wash it off in the morning which really works well and it develops to a beauty-ful colour. Now when you wash it off, remember do not exfoliate in the shower and don't rub yourself with your towel, just dab yourself dry. To get the most longevity out of the product, moisturise twice daily but even with only moisturising a few times I have gotten about 7 days of a really beauty-ful tan so with looking after the tan it'll probably last up 10-11 days. 

Now the thing I really really really loved about this product is that it fades away SO nicely!. The thing I hate about tans generally are that when they fade away you start looking like an orange leper because it comes off in your cleavage, elbows, your underarms and annoying places like that and you literally have to scrub your skin raw to get the tan off - gah makes me angry thinking about it but this tan just fades beautifully then when you exfoliate it literally just comes off so easily so it makes things so much easier and I don't dread the process so much haha. The smell is lovely, it smells like most Spray Tanning products kind of coconutty but isn't crazy overpowering. 

I got these products from Priceline, here in Australia. They sell them at most Chemists and they have a variety of other products like a gradual tanning moisturiser (my Sister has this, I will get her to give me a review so I can let you all know) and also have the same tanning products but in a Mist, which I have actually purchased as well as I think it'll be perfect for the face as it's softer and as you put products on and off your face every day it can tend to take the tan off quicker so in between you can do a quick spray and bam! Face is tan again! but of course a review will come on that too. They were all $19.99 but always keep an eye out as you might find them on special so you can save a bit of money. It's a 200ml bottle and you really don't use a lot so it will last a fair while. The mitt was just under $10 but as mentioned I really wasn't a fan of it but each to their own :). Check out all their products www.priceline.com.au or www.bondisands.com.au. It's obviously Australian Made which I absolutely love about it, as I am Australian born and bred and these days a lot of products are made anywhere but here. 

Hope you all have a Beauty-ful Day/Night!

Belinda 
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment