Saturday 2 April 2016

A new love - NYX Intense Butter Lip Glosses


Hello my Beauty-ful people! 

Hope you are all having an amazing weekend!

So we're going to discuss (well let's be honest, only I'm going to discuss it haha) the NYX Intense Butter Gloss Lip Glosses. I have only recently got onto these but so far I am so hooked!. 

In the past I haven't been the biggest lip gloss/lipstick lover especially standout colours (I think I had a small addiction to MAC Pure Zen as it's the perfect Nude :P) but I made a goal a little while ago to branch out a little and try a few different colours and types, so that's exactly what I've done. I personally look for in a lipstick a few categories-
     
         - A lot of pigment, if you don't have a lot of pigment I think a lip balm or              a lip gloss is more appropriate. Kind of defeats the purpose of a Lippie! 

         - Very moisturizing! I cannot stand the feeling of lipsticks or liquid                        lipsticks that are very drying because then the lipsticks look horrible                  and flaky on the lip and that is not cute.
         - Does not cost an arm and a leg. As much as I love Makeup, here in                    Australia Makeup is not very cheap, even drugstore brands so I can't                  justify spending a fortune on a lipstick, especially if it's a brand/type you            haven't tried before so you don't know if you'll like the formula or colour.

So I was really happy to find that these ticked all 3 of these boxes.
I originally purchased a little pack that had 3 of them (normal sizes) in for $19 as I thought it was an awesome deal (they're $9.95 individually here in Oz) and there was a 30% special on for NYX so I got it for an even better deal. The colours that were in the pack were - Black Cherry Tart, Berry Strudel, Spice Cake. After I tried them out and fell in love I went out and brought Toasted Marshmallow and Funnel Delight. 

The breakdown to each colour as explained on the website is - 
    Berry Strudel - Violet with Blue Undertones. 
    Black Cherry Tart - Deep Vamp Purple 
    Spice Cake - Deep Plum 
    Toasted Marshmallow - Mauve Purple 
    Funnel Delight - Hot Pink 

So as the title pretty much gives away they are a lip gloss, but I would class them as a Liquid Lipstick though as Lip Glosses are generally sheer or not very pigmented and usually go over a lipstick but these can be 100% worn alone and if you put a lipstick underneath it would be completely covered by them. The pigment is beautifully thick so you'll only need one coat of them but it doesn't feel thick on your lips which is what I like and doesn't clump or "glug" up on your lips either. They aren't advertised as a long wearing lipstick but of all the times I've worn them they have stayed really well and I have eaten, drank and talked a lot and it has worn down a bit but there's still colour so unless you're close up you can't tell much of a difference and it doesn't completely come off (I have attached a photo of what it looks like after a few hours of drinking/eating/talking) but obviously will look better if you touched up once or twice. Surprisingly they have a really nice smell to them. I can't explain what scent it is but it might be a bit of coconut or vanilla, but the smell is no where near over powering, it's very subtle and makes putting them on a little nicer. They are extremely glossy, that's not a deal breaker for me as I like glossy but they do settle a little bit and after wearing it for a while it doesn't look as glossy. 

They have 24 different shades available online varying from nudes to pinks to deep purples. Like previously said, here in Australia they sell for $9.95 at Target - https://www.target.com.au/b/nyx 
In America you can purchase them for $6.00 (you lucky people) from their website online - http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/intense-butter-gloss/NYX_175.html?cgid=lipgloss#start=4&cgid=lipgloss

Overall I would definitely recommend trying out this product because I am so in love with them and am going to be adding many more colours to my collection asap and I'll be branching out and trying some of the other lip Butters (they have Matte ones and non Intense ones) so once I give them a go if I do or don't like them I will definitely do another blog on them. They are such a good price for such a good quality product. They smell yummy so it just adds to the beauty of them. Considering they aren't advertised as a long lasting product, they last really nicely. They have a really beautiful colour range, so no matter what skin/eye/hair colour or whatever you prefer there's a few options for you. 

I have added swatches of each colour with Flash and No Flash next to each other, and also some pictures of a few of the shades on me so you can see what they look like on the lip and against my skin tone. 

The perfect way to just add a little bit of pop to your outfit and day. 

If you have any questions or suggestions of the next blog, let me know :). 

Have a beauty-ful Day and Night. 

Belinda x 








                             After all night of talking/eating/drinking

1 comment:


  1. Charcoal Peel

    https://bondiblack.com/

    Please Click Above website here & Get information about Charcoal Peel.

    ReplyDelete