Sunday 18 October 2015

Review - and the award for best Mascara EVER goes to..... Dior Show Iconic Overcurl Mascara!



Hey Beauty-ful people!!

Tonight, I'm going to be talking about the product that has taken over the award for Favourite Mascara of All Time!

Dior Show Iconic Overcurl Mascara 

I am a bit picky when it comes to Mascaras and before I found this gem my favourite was MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara (I can do a review on this one too if needed- for some reason I haven't) and it worked really well and was happy using it but as soon as I started using the Dior Iconic - ohmygosh the MAC went out the window!. It's literally like brushing on eyelash extensions and it adds so much volume and length to lashes it's like a dream. The brush has a curved end so if you put the curve pointing up (the same shape as your lash) it really does go on so nicely and evenly and is like your lashes are on steroids. With just one layer it makes such a big difference and can build on top of very nicely. 

Literally every time I put it on it goes on so nicely, generally sometimes even with the nicest mascaras every now and then you get bad mascara days, but without a doubt this stuff is always so good. It is in black so nothing different to any other black mascara colouring. Although, I don't generally cry I haven't had any problems with it streaking, clumping or even in heat it seems to be pretty waterproof but as I haven't really dunked my head in water, definitely try it out if you need a waterproof mascara for a wedding or an occasion where there might be crying involved. It comes in a variety of colours, of course Black, Blue and Brown. 

Obviously, as it's Dior it is on the pricier end of the spectrum but I think mascara can either make or break an amazing Makeup look so I think the money is worth it (if you can afford it) if you're going to get good use out of it and can't find anything that's the same quality but cheaper (if you know of anything, please let me know I would love to try it out). As usual, everything is a lot more expensive here in Australia so here it's $52.00, you can buy it from Myer and David Jones - http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/diorshow-iconic-overcurl-spectacular-volume-and-curl-professional-mascara-154523260 and for you beauties that are from the States or anywhere that has access to Sephora, that's where you can get it from for $28.50 ( you lucky ducks! haha) check it out here - http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-iconic-overcurl-mascara-P377821?skuId=1497940

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product - hands down. The only negative thing about the product is the price but other than that I am totally obsessed with it. I'll attach pictures as to what my lashes look like before and after but for some reason it really doesn't do it justice but it'll give you an idea with what I meant about it literally looking like brushing on lashes, so natural but not at the same time (if that makes sense haha) and in the pictures this is just one coat of it. 

If you have any questions or any other suggestions, don't hesitate to comment below, always looking for new products to try out - especially if it's on par with this mascara but cheaper!.

Wishing you all a Beauty-ful Day/Night!
Belinda xx








No comments:

Post a Comment