Saturday 1 September 2012

Review: Maybelline 14 hour Super Stay Lipstick

Hello Lovely People!

The other day I decided to buy one of the new Maybelline 14 hour SuperStay Lipsticks, although they are quite expensive for a pharmacy lipstick (it was $18.95) I thought it would be worth it if it lasted the 14 hours.

I decided to buy the colour 065 "Ravishing Rouge". I thought the best one to get would be a red colour so that it wouldn't have to be touched up for that time.

So.... I tried this baby out... the first time I tried it, it was in the afternoon that I got it and I was just doing a few things around the house and then laid in bed watching a movie, because I wasn't drinking a lot or eating a lot it lasted a fair few hours perfectly. I wanted to give a full day try out, especially for you guys - so the next day I knew I was going out to lunch with my Friend so I thought if it lasts lots of talking, lots of eating and drinking then it would be my new best friend.

I was disappointed... After I ate lunch and chatted and drank I went back to the car to go back home and looked in the mirror - It was like the lipstick had tinted my lips but the full on pigment colour just wasn't there anymore. I still didn't touch up after that because I thought I'd take some more pictures throughout the day to see what it would look like. By about hour 5-6 there was still a slight tint but I wouldn't say it was red anymore.

Overall, it was a beautiful lipstick and what I liked about it is it's very nourishing and feels very very light - which I LOVE but the whole purpose of the lipstick is that it's meant to last 14 hours - and that it didn't. Especially, as it's $18.95 here in Australia I don't think I'd buy it again, as you could buy a less expensive lipstick that you can just re-apply every few hours.  

I have attached some piccies of what my lips looked like throughout the day.
   Picture 1 -Left Hand side top - Just Applied.
   Picture 2 - Right Hand side top - After Lunch/drinking/chatting - 2 hours after application.
   Picture 3 - Left Hand Bottom - 4 Hours after Application.
   Picture 4 - Right Hand Bottom - 5 Hours after Application.

If you're wanting to check out their colour range - there are 12 colours please check out http://www.maybelline.com.au/products/142/lips/lip-colour/superstay-14hr-lipstick/eternal-rose/020?shadeId=745.

Hope you're all having an amazing weekend!

Have a Beauty-ful Day/Night.

Belinda
xx


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am the owner of a Photography blog Mcdigitalphotography.com

    I'd like to exchange links with you. I added your blog to my Favorites!

    Pay me a visit and let me know with a comment on the blog what you think about it.

    P.s.

    There's something you may be interested in, on my blog started a free online photography course, that includes over 200 lessons at this link: Free online Digital Photography Course

    ReplyDelete