Thursday 10 January 2013

A lifesaver for those girls that use Tape Extensions!!

Hello Hello!!

OK, so I thought I'd mention this one, although I do not personally have Hair Extensions in my hair, I know some of you would appreciate this post.

My Beautiful Mum has very very thin hair so a few months ago she decided to put Tape Hair Extensions in so she could get some thickness, well safe to say they worked. Unfortunately, the lady that put them in went on Maternity Leave so she couldn't take them out to bring them up, so Mum asked because I have a bit of Hair Extension history if I could take them out and put a new bunch in (she purchased a bit better quality hair) and I looked on YouTube and she told me that the Hair Technician she used didn't take long at all to take them out. Well 2 hours later we got them all out and Mum's hair had horrible glue residue etc and I successfully (totally unintentionally) hurt her head a lot. For some reason, the Tape Remover didn't work properly, so we went on to try Accetone - well that didn't work either then we went on to try Tea Tree Oil, well this one worked better but still not nearly as easy or not painful as it should've been. We thought it would've been the quality of glue the other Technician had put in.

So we got most of the glue residue out and put the new set in a day or two after. So when that set was ready to be put up I used the Glue Remover and once again, it barely worked and was very painful for Mum. We went into a Hairhouse Warehouse here in Brisbane and asked them if there was any alternative. Luckily, we spoke to a lovely girl who personally had extensions and said this stuff works amazing. Mum bought this stuff as we thought it wouldn't hurt and it's actually a hair treatment so it's amazing for your hair, not chemical killing it. So we got home and thought we'd give it a go. I sectioned the hair off and sprayed the solution on the bottom and top of the tape extension and then once they were all sprayed, I left them for an extra 5 minutes just to be on the safe side. Well let me tell you, this stuff is a LIFESAVER! I totally didn't want to stand there for 2 hours again and hurt poor Mum to get this bloody things out. They literally just came off, left no residue and also took off the left over glue on the extension so that part was done.

So I better tell you what this amazing product is.. Macadamia Natural Oil - Luxurious Oil Spray. It says it's " A shine enhancing blend of oils and silicone's that rejuvenates and protects. So you can also spray your hair afterwards and then in half an hour or so go wash your hair and it would feel amazing. It comes in a 125ml bottle and is a little bit on the expensive side. I think Mum bought it for $40.00 but it'll last quite a long time as you don't have to spray a lot and it's totally worth it in my eyes, as it doesn't destroy your hair and it makes it so much easier.

Check it out www.hairhousewarehouse.com.au.

Have a Beauty-ful Day/Night!!

Belinda
xx


7 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda do you think the body shop will have a similar product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be trying the pineapple method and adding just a couple of these products to my collection. I sleep wild and tend to be a product junkie. Please Visit:

    Tape in Extensions
    Best Clip in Hair Extensions
    Microbead Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really! This is very useful information for girl's tape extensions. Thanks for share.
    Keratin Bonds
    Tape Hair Extensions Melbourne
    Hair Extensions Perth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting and informative post! Please visit this link Human Hair Lace Wigs for the best ever hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered a CHEAP option for removing the glue. Any shine serum. Just a couple of drops on each blob. You have to rub up and down over it and above and below on the hair and it slides right out. I tried the oil (coconut and olive) and isopropyl alcohol AND nail polish remover. The latter two left it tacky. The shine serum is the bomb and there is NO damage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used extension not because I have thin hair because I don't like my look with short hair. I've made a terrible decision . LOL, but thanks to hair pieces everywhere ♥

    international hair solutions

    ReplyDelete