Thursday 6 August 2015

The Holy Grail of Powder Foundations - Review - NARS Luminous Powder Foundation



Good Morning/Evening my Beauty-Ful people, 

Today we're going to talk about a product I have literally fallen SO in love with! 

NARS Luminous Powder Foundation

I had heard a bunch of mixed reviews on this product but the good things I did hear were fantastic so thought i'd give it a shot and buy it. Boy, am I so thankful I did!. So it is a bit more on the expensive side of things, especially here in Australia but in my opinion it is TOTALLY worth it. 
I bought it from Mecca Cosmetica and the consultant put it on me, color matched me and all that jazz and automatically I loved it but sometimes it's so hard to tell what you're going to think in natural light and on your phone (because of course selfies are so important haha) so I went outside and drove and all of those normal things and it still looked really good and lasted well, so I picked that baby up!. I really like that you can of course wear it over foundation or BB cream but you can also just wear it by itself and still gives you really nice coverage and looks very natural. I personally HATE putting on BB cream or whatever all of the time, especially day to day so I really love that I can put some on, run out the door to do a few things and not look like a zombie. 

In the pictures I have attached I am wearing on the face - no foundation, just the powder, a bit of concealer under my eyes and a bit of bronzer through the cheekbones. It's only one layer too, the good thing about this product is you can really build it up too, for those days we feel a little bit crap and need a little bit more help. I just have a big fluffy brush that I put in the powder and powder it gently around the face so it's so easy. I personally think the powder gives me a very natural, healthy look - which is the exact thing I need. For the dry skin beauties, always remember if you're wearing lots of powder products make sure you keep your face well moisturized otherwise the powder products will just stick to the dry areas and look a little funny. I still find this powder doesn't stick so much as other products but the people who have a good skin care routine will have no problems with that at all. There is a liquid form of this product which I am hoping will be my next bigger makeup purchase ( it's $70 too) and I cannot wait to try it, I hope I love it as much as I do the powder. For those who have Oily skin, always go in store if you can to give it a go just in case, $70 is a lot of money to pay if it's not the best on your skin or not happy but as it is a powder product it should look beautiful and give you a nice, natural look that you can touch up. I wouldn't recommend the Foundation liquid form though as it might look way to shiny on your skin type. 

They have a pretty good color variety so you should definitely be able to find your perfect color. Here in Australia you can buy them from Mecca Cosmetica  for $70.00 http://mecca.com.au/nars/luminous-powder/V-019759.html?cgpath=brands-nars-all#start=1
For those in the States - you lucky ducks - go ahead to Sephora for $48.00http://www.sephora.com/all-day-luminous-powder-foundation-spf-24-P389185?skuId=1657089

I personally think the price is worth it because of how much I love it and as I don't layer it up a lot I use less product. You don't have to use a whole lot of powder so it will last a while, I've had it for almost 5 months and still have a bit to go and use it most days. Especially the Americans it's more than $20 difference in price than us to it's a lot more reasonable in price. 

I have also added a picture of what my face looked like at the very end of the night, so you can see how it held up (I'm wearing my PJ's in them haha). Photos are not retouched or edited at all, I just cut my nephew out of them for privacy reasons :). 

Hope you all are having a fabulous week and the weekend comes quickly! 

Belinda xxx  







No comments:

Post a Comment